Are you in love with nut butters? Experience the natural sweetness and creaminess of this Cardamom Almond-Cashew Butter that combines with the strong and complex flavor of cardamom.
Cardamom is an incredibly versatile spice that stars itself from Turkish coffee to Scandinavian baked goods to Indian curry dishes. Such versatility can be experienced into your morning oatmeal, aromatic noodle sauce or even with just a slice of fruit. Taste the luscious zest of this recipe with the following steps.
- In a food processor tailored with a metal S-shaped blade, drop the almonds, cashews and sea salt.
- Allow the mixture to get totally smooth. Process for about 10-15 minutes. The time depends on the power of the food processor’s motor. Pause the machine if the nuts get stuck to the sides. Brush them down using a rubber spatula as much as necessary. When the texture is already smooth, there are no more chunks and the blade glides easily through the mixture, then the nut butter is done.
- Place the vanilla, 2 teaspoons of cardamom and honey. Let it process until the mixture is smooth and all ingredients are completely mixed.
- Take a taste. Add an additional teaspoon of cardamom if needed. Process for 30 seconds to mix it thoroughly.
- Place the mixture to glass jars. The nut butter will last for a year without refrigeration. If the oils naturally separate in time, just stir to mix it up.