Dive in to the enticing and heavenly flavour of this sweet and delicately spicy hazelnut butter. This tasty recipe made from the local crop of Oregon is extremely pleasing for your taste buds! Created from the mixture of almond and hazelnuts, it is wrapped up with toasted hazelnuts for a chunkier touch. You may serve this scrumptious nut butter together with crackers and cheese. Yum-yum! And if you want this recipe to become smoother, just cut out the last ½ cup of hazelnuts in the final. Besides, this yummy recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free! So healthylicious!
- In a processor with an S-shaped metal blade, drop the almonds together with the 1 ½ cups of hazelnuts and sea salt.
- Refine for 5 to 10 minutes until the mixture is smooth. Use a rubber spatula when the nuts are stuck as you pause the machine to scrape them down. Do as many times as needed. Once the texture is smooth and there are no chunks any longer, then your nut butter is done.
- Put the chili powder, honey and vanilla. Process until the texture is smooth for approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the ½ cup of hazelnuts that has been left and wait for 5 to 10 seconds until it’s incorporated. Let the chunks of nuts remain.
- Place the nut butter in two 8 ounce jars. Simply stir up the mixture when the oil separates over time. The nut butter will last for 1 year without refrigeration.