Want something to tickle your taste buds? Savor the goodness of this crispy battered shrimp lavished with creamy sauce topped with candied walnuts! This dish will definitely bring spice to your table as you take it as your entrée for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Whatever you want! So here’s how you roll it out on your table.
- Combine the water and sugar and stir them up together in a small saucepan with a medium heat. Bring to a boil. Add walnuts and boil them up for about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and take away the walnuts and let them cool on a baking sheet to dry.
- Heat a 2-inch deep of oil on a wide pan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk egg whites until foamy. Whip it in the mochiko (glutinous rice flour) to form a batter.
- Pat shrimp dry. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Dip shrimp into the mochiko batter one by one and deep-fry to the hot oil until its golden brown. Remove the shrimps from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, honey and sweetened condensed milk in a medium bowl. Add shrimp and toss them gently to coat with the sauce. Garnish with candied walnuts and green onions on top.