Treat yourself and experience the enticing zest of this Maple Walnut Spice Oatmeal recipe! While we can just stir up nut butter and oats and get a delicious breakfast on our table, this fall-spiced oatmeal will definitely jazz up your cold mornings and impress guests on special days. Cinnamon and maple paired with fresh figs and walnuts are so enticing! Can’t catch fresh figs on their season? Fresh raspberries or dried figs will do. You may also want to use another grain like quinoa, buckwheat, or amaranth. Their taste can bring lip-smacking spice on your breakfast table too!
- Boil the oats, nut milk, water and salt in a medium sauce pan over high heat.
- Lessen the heat to medium and stir in the currants, hemp seeds, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla and all spice.
- Gently boil for 8 to 10 minutes while the saucepan is covered. Simmer until the oats are fully cooked with some liquid remains.
- For the moment, cut the figs thinly and coarsely slice the walnuts.
- Take off the oatmeal and put into two bowls.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of maple syrup and 1 tablespoon of nut butter on each bowl. Pepper with the chopped walnuts and figs. Serve warm.